Topic-icon Mice

• Mr Pig
  • Mr Pig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 10 months ago #451

Well guys, just thought I'd put up a few topics for peripherals. Your thoughts on things you use or used to use.

This one, as the subject says this one is about Mice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mr Pig
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 10 months ago #455

Still loving my Roccat Kone.

I've been a big fan of Roccat since I 1st saw this. Back then it was the only product they had, but now they seem to have bulked up their catalog with a couple more mice, two Keyboards, the headsets and some Mouse mats (Also This weird little thing :S ).

The scroll wheel isn't perfect and is apparently prone to breaking if you read some web sites. It's one of the gaming mice i've seen with the left/right tilt scroll on the wheel, that's something I find really handy.

The weight cartridges are a bit overkill, and the tend to pop out when I start beating the desk with the mouse. Speaking of overkill, this mouse has 5 independent LEDs on it that you can program to any colour you want. You can make them flash, blink, pulsate, anything. Now THAT Is overkill!

More
13 years 10 months ago #456

Razer Deathadder!
I love it because its basic and well ergonomically designed, just 5 buttons and 1800 dpi perfection.

More
13 years 10 months ago #461

Using Razer Diamondback 3G 40+ months.

Nice shape but not perfect. Side buttons are a mistake, really small and hard to press, left side suck totally! U need to change your whole grip to press them with small finger. Plus for left handed, it feels exactly the same in both hands. Nice DPI and really accurate, great materials and sliding teflon plates, feels really smooth and fast. Now after all that heavy duty it starts to freak out, cable close to mouse starts to disconnect and connect mouse again during really fast moves. Materials are great but i don't think it comes with much longer lifetime. I was using cheap mouses long time ago with the same lifetime period. Anyway my keyboard bought the same day for 5 pounds still lives but also starts to freak out, i was smashing keyboards quite often so i didn't invest money to buy something better:). Now I'm searching for new mouse and because i like Razer products i will probably go with new Imperator mouse.

There's couple others in my mind but i really don't like wireless stuff.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by XGoldX.

• Mr Pig
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 10 months ago #465

I couldn't get used to the Razer mice.

I had a copperhead but it felt awful to play with because of the daft lighty-up rubber bit that ran down the side.

Went with the Lachesis after that. weee bit too sensetive for me at 4000dpi, and the grip was incredibly weird to get used to. You have to sort of hang your hand off the back and only use the tips of your fingers. I needed more buttons though because the right side ones where impossible to press with the grip i had to use (unless you had like, super strong little fingers).

More
13 years 10 months ago #469

Same here, two buttons on left are hard to press, depends how you hold your mouse, i can press or button close to LMB or other one but there's no perfect spot (for me) to play comfortably and press two side buttons without changing my grip. When i was buying this mouse my aim was to get better functionality with four additional buttons but it ends up that i never used two buttons on right and only one on the left. With Imperator mouse you can set custom position of two side buttons, and i'm hoping to finally use them in games efficiently. Besides flat shaped mouses like my diamondback are not so good in handling in my opinion, i prefer shapes like your Roccat Cone. One thing i've learned so far is that i will never buy any universal mouse, it must be right handed and shaped perfectly only for right hand.

There is for example Logitech Performance Mouse MX but it's wireless and costs 80 pounds, wtf?! 60 for Imperator is way too much i can spend without feeling guilty.

To be clear, in my country i need to work whole week, 40 hours to get 80 pounds so you know it's fucking expensive :).

Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by XGoldX.

• Mr Pig
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 10 months ago #470

I'd say you should come over to the UK, but I think Stoner would kill me :P

More
13 years 10 months ago #471

Stoner and hes point of view, give him a gun and population of London will drop dramatically :P

More
13 years 10 months ago #475

I'm using this G5 and I like it, mostly cause of the sidebottoms, but I've tried some razer mice too and in a way they are better for female hands cause they are smaller? It's individual I guess, you have to try different kinds and see what works for your hands.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Rippy.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

© 2024 sT0n3r & Frement