Topic-icon Americas Army 2

• iAndrew
  • iAndrew's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 5 months ago #346

Anyone wanna come play AA2? not AA3. Seems competitively popular on esl, nearly as popular as cs:s. Seems very strategical and lifelike, and its free (to eu anyway :X was paid with american tax dollars ^_^) You have squad leader / fire team leaders and from my understanding squad leader "buffs" your team if your close to them, makes them more accurate etc. Not played AA3 but I have played AA3. In AA3 you had a map and strategy time and could make areas / routes for 4 man squads (fireteams) to use / go on / w.e but not played AA2 so not sure if its the same.

AA3 everyone can revive / heal a team mate depending on the wound. Grenade kills are normally non revivable and if you dont die to nade you cant be treated. But if your shot in the leg etc you can be treated to a degree, and you walk slower if un-treated. In AA3 you had to answer a question kindve well was a treatment option, so you crouch (or stand if you want to be shot) next to the guy thats injured / dead and itll say "Shallow Breathing" and you have a cycle menu (like in crysis / bf2) of options to what to give him to help, like splint for injured leg etc. etc.

When i was looking at AA2 to see why its so much more than competitive I found this; AA2 Tournament mode - server option Anyone wanna try / look at it? It has a esl major series and a few cash prizes on their.

Edit: From reading, seems supressive fire actually "works" if bullets go by your head you'll have lower combat efficiency (more recoil, less accu etc)

Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by iAndrew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #347

Used to play it back before my PC was good enough to play BF2

Too slow and too camp-happy for my liking

More
14 years 5 months ago #351

this game never really appealed to me although a lot of people i know do enjoy it

More
14 years 5 months ago #355

Yes, the same here. Game is closer to Arma and there's not much arcade feel in it. That's why BF2 was so good for me, perfect mix of arcade and simulation. This game is good for people that like something between Arma and Bf.

More
14 years 5 months ago #356

<strong>XGoldX wrote:</strong>
Same here, I played AA for a good few months leading up to when BF2 was released. I found it way too slow, found CS way too fast and then BF2 comes allong and it just fit me perfectly :D

More
14 years 5 months ago #358

<strong>Mr Pig wrote:</strong>
I belive bf2 is faster than css :P

More
14 years 5 months ago #359

i don't think so :).

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

© 2024 sT0n3r & Frement