Topic-icon Post Patch Reactions

• Mr Pig
  • Mr Pig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #286

How is everyone finding BC2 since the 1st "Big Patch"?

Personally I've been playing a lot of medic, almost exclusively with the MG36.
I do notice a bit of a drop in power over distance against the good old Pre-Patch-XM8-LMG. The Addition of the built in red dot and freeing up spec one for more nades is worth those extra few bullets to take down a long target though. With the XM8 being nerfed to exactly the same as the MG36 now i find it hard to explain why anyone would still use the XM8.

In the 8v8s i've used Engineed most of the time. I've volenteered for APC repair duties on a few ocasions this week and i like the way the repair tool works now. Before the cooldown time wasn't significant enough to make you do something while waiting but with a 5 second cooldown now you've got plenty time to either get a quick RPG off if your against armour, or jump back in and fire a few MG bursts. The fact that it repairs faster is another godsend. Anything that means i have to spend less time outside the tank is fine by me.
I'm going to have to play about with some of the weapons though. i've been using the AK74 but in close combat i'm constantly getting raped. Without the time to go to iron sights i'm having to spray from the hip, which is either hitting nothing or taking an entire clip to get 1 kill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #287

i like the way the patch has made 4v4s a lot less about spray and pray and a little more controlled. Still i would like to see some infantry ladders up for 5v5 or 6v6 now with the weapons being more balanced it will allow for all kits to be played in my opinion without much dispute.
lets hope some good competitive development can be made from this patch

More
14 years 3 months ago #288

When I first started bc2 I was playing engi exclusively and done really well with the ump / aks, but now after playing alternative classes and going back they dont seem to have the power or range which is kindve disheartening so i only really use them for really upclose and spraying. Cant really get back into the engineer weapons tempo except for rushing around in cqb areas with the pp2000+raffica. The raffice is kindva OP now i think, not sure if many of you have tried it? but its like having a mini m16 in your pocket :X

G3 is still kindve a good gun if you can control the recoil but feels kindve pointless with the latest nerf :S

The explosive nerf was good as it requires people to actually be able to somewhat aim instead of bashing their heads on the keyboard but still far too many CG'rs shooting at their feet without suiciding. Dont think they should reduce the explosion range anymore but at least make a distance arming like the noobtube.

Only ever played bush wookie when I was on the phone / eating so someone else might be able to tell me this. But before when you threw out a motion sensor, it beeped the whole time if noone was in the 20m range right? Now it seems to only beep if someones in that radius but idk if it has always been like this since I never really noticed it before cause I didnt have headset on as sniper.

Tracer dart flies way too fast now, never really used vehicles but at least before you could tell if someone was a good engi if they could take down a heli / apache and it actually required skill to match up the drop and flightpath. Now everyone and their nan can do it :S

No clue why they buffed the AN wont use it since the buff so stuck on 8 golds with it :S

Turning into an essay so ill stop here =o

More
14 years 3 months ago #289

with the motion sensor it only bleeped when someone moved in the radius. thats why every time you hear the arming beep when it gets chucked you just stay still and it doesnt find you :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #290

Ya, knew about not moving but i thoght it always beeped even if someone wasnt there and you just looked at mini-map to see if people was "spotted" by the beep xD Thanks

• Mr Pig
  • Mr Pig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #291

I picked the AN-94 up in a 5v5 the night of the patch and it was amazing. If is wasn't for the stupid iron sight that blocks 90% of the screen it would get my vote every time as assault.

And compared to the M16 now.... there's no question, AN every time

More
14 years 3 months ago #292

yea, I loved the an before they buffed it now it just feels too op and will get nerfed and some gathers started banning / limiting it already :S I'd rather play and get used to a gun that i know wont be nerfed anytime soon. Loved it before the patch :S before everything was semi-balanced in assault :X

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

© 2024 sT0n3r & Frement